Students apply for the Masters Degree Program in Global Health Sciences using our online application. To be considered for review, a completed application should include:
- Résumé summarizing education, positions held, professional experience, publications, languages, honors & awards, local and international experience, volunteer work, extracurricular interests and special skills
- A personal statement that gives reasons for applying for the MS degree, prior global health experience in underserved populations, expectations from the course, and potential contribution to the class experience (not to exceed 750 words). Pay special attention to organization, syntax and narrative style, as this statement will also serve as an example of your writing skills
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation from individuals who know you well enough to assess your academic strengths, personal qualities, and accomplishments and the contribution of the MS degree to your long-term career plans (your listed references will receive an e-mail through your application with instructions for what to include in the letter and how to upload it to your application)
- Original transcripts from undergraduate and graduate schools (if appropriate). Information on where to send this can be found on the application. Prior education must include a bachelor's degree (BA/BS), or the equivalent, from an accredited institution, and a minimum of 3.0 (B) Grade Point Average (GPA) or better. We will consider applicants with a GPA of less than 3.0 if circumstances are thoroughly explained in the Statement of Purpose and the applicant is a good fit for the program. If you have below the equivalent of a 3.0 GPA, please indicate the reasons for this in your statement of purpose and your potential for undertaking successful graduate study.
- An application fee payable to the UCSF Division of Graduate Studies
We do not require GRE scores.